This will be the last post in this series on Krishna. This post draws from Chapter-40; Skandha-10 of the Bhagavata in which Akrura (who is actually an envoy of Kamsa) realizes Krishna’s true nature and then composes a hymn extempore, revealing to the world the true nature of Krishna. These verses clearly show that Krishna is that indwelling atman, spirit, soul within each individual – that which pervades and invades every sentient and insentient being in the Universe.
Below is a free translation of a few select verses (the operative word is “FREE”)
- You are that primordial being, the Purusha from whom everything has evolved and into whom everything subsides
- The elements – earth, water, fire, sky, air, and space are but parts of your being
- You are pure and transcendent, not bound by even Prakriti and therefore unattainable through the intellect but easily grasped when the seeker submits to your will.
- Those who have developed the highest spiritual insight realize “YOU” as “YOURSELF” as that one Lord and Universal being
- Those who need the help of symbols worship you as that indweller in either the body, nature, or Devas
- Those who see everything as manifestations of your supreme Maya serve YOU through the SERVICE of fellow beings
- Those devoted to the rituals of the Vedas see you in the fire of their yagnas
- Those who attain you through a Quantum leap in Jnana (knowledge) drop everything and adore you as the all pervading Supreme
- Just as all rivers fed by rain wander into the ocean, so also do all paths lead to YOU and YOU alone.
- Each one has come from you and remain strung together like the beads of a necklace – separate yet interdependent; interdependent yet held together by you
- Salutations to you, who are all of this but still remain a witness to this play, unattached and pristine…
- Salutations to you who are Pure Consciousness beyond the grasp of Time, Karma, and Nature, infinite and inscrutable
- Protect me for I have surrendered myself to thee…